Monday, February 16

my own scarlet letter


i have a confession to make.....
i have been unfaithful.
i have found a, well, as a female, can i have a "mistress"? a mister?
while i love the blogspot, i have found myself straying...
of course, by looking at my blogroll, i realize i am not the only one...

i originally resurrected this blog as a means for me to spare my husband all the random thoughts that go through my head.....you know, take home only about 10,000 words as opposed to all 50,000 that my x chromosomes use.
but alas, i have been absent, is it because he listens to me more, or i've just repressed more?
hmmm, that is the million dollar question.
the million dollar answer?

here's what i discovered. i love blogs because they give me a look into other people's worlds......so why not start my own. i have a pretty fun world, right?

enter FACEBOOK stage right.

the more i confirmed and the less i ignored, the more i realized i was way more interested in other people's lives than i was divulging about my own.
not only that, but just as i got used to thinking in blog posts, i quickly adapted to thinking in status updates. which of course was easy, one sentence as opposed to a few paragraphs.

and don't get me wrong, i love talking about myself, but this.....its like a giant party and everyone i know is there! a little like what i imagine heaven is like.
now that's what i'm talking about.

5 people said stuff:

Marlee said...

Problem is this: I don't want to go the FB party. I want a Monica party. And I want it every day. Got that? Now, if you would just go ahead and move here, we would both get what we want so...problem solved.

xo

Ang said...

Agreed. I miss reading your blog...but I too have been thinking in status updates:

Angela hates traffic

Angela can't decide between ham or turkey on her subway sammich

Angela thinks she and hot teacher shared a moment while talking about how class relates to health care

etc.

The Browns said...

So that's where you've been.

How did I not see the signs? What can I do to get you back? It's just not the same without you. Please, I'll do anything!

Anonymous said...

I've missed you!!!

Eric said...

HAHAHAHA!! love you Mon, Di