Thursday, May 22

must. . . .beat. . . . oprah


and i'm not the only one with this goal.
yes, i have begun training for another marathon, much to the chagrin of my knees.
but this time its different.

1. i have real live running partners. which, makes getting up at 5am a little easier. . . .it seems to validate the craziness of it all. plus, if a coyote attacks, there is someone there to take pictures for the blog.
2. i built in some non-running time in case i get knocked out by a large metal bar again and am sidelined, or go to colorado. lord knows i can't handle that elevation!
and
3. i am actually going to eat like i'm in training. last year, i kind of gave myself carte blanche in my diet. i would justify eating an entire keller's special by myself because i had run 12 miles that day. well this year, if i'm going to beat oprah, i gotta get serious.

so you'll notice on my sidebar i'm listing my daily exercise and food intake. like i said, this is nothing more than an effort to keep myself honest about my training.
i have already had to cut out dairy. . . .for personal reasons
i'm trying to cut out that sweet nectar of the god's. . .that will hurt. and yes denise, when i order from menus, i may be looking only at the items with the little heart next to them.
so here goes.

if i'm out to eat with you, make sure i've run that day before you call me out. that can ensure i'm too weak or sore to punch you out.

**anything made by my children, given to me for free, or made by my grandma doesn't count.

0 people said stuff: