Friday, May 23

who's the einstein now?


i do have issues. i have deep insecurites. i have come to terms with 46% of those issues. . . . and that's without the upcoming therapy.

issue #16: must not appear stupid
issue #12: must fit in with the cool kids
issue #9: must never be last
issue #3: must appear aloof and nonchalant at all times

so i've started taking grad classes right? now mind you, this is grad school. in mesquite. so far i'm 2-0 in the cool dept right?
no offense rob.
well, don't think so fast. apparently, some people took the "i graduated undergrad in 4 years, taught the required 3 years while taking grad classes, so i'm 1 day away from becoming an administrator. . .all before i turn 30" route.
#16, #9

last night
so the "cool kids", head off to the library to begin our take home final. as i watch them walk out the room ala t-birds and pink ladies style, i turn to my friends (the over ~35 crowd) coach, mom and home-ec (as i lovingly have nicknamed them in my head) and we follow. it does take us a little longer to get out of those desks you know.
#12, #9, #3
so we're in the library, going through each question and we hear the cool group just whizzing through. they have some heated discussions trying to land on some answers, but they are beating us!
#12, #16, #9
we power through, but the witching hour hits(9pm) and we are beat. calling it a day. we exchange emails and cells, promising to finish together tomorrow.
#3
today's emails
coach: Ladies
I thought I would initiate the email so that we all had each other’s contact information. It was great working with you all. Wish I did not have to worry about this test today. I did not get much done last night when I got home. Getting the boys ready for today took much of my attention.
Anyway, let’s be in touch.

mom: I stayed with the other group until the library closed - they literally kicked us out
The other group was so helpful and I am happy to share their strategies with you
There are so many ideas to share that I hate to have to write them all in email.
I would like to suggest that one person call me at 555-123-4567 after 12:30 then a friend can call a friend and so on like the old shampoo commercial. (what commercial?)

mom: Hi
Just wanted to make sure everyone got this sent earlier
I did not mention that with what I learned from the others that I was able to finish


so how much more do i hate the cool kids now? no big deal, i have 2 and a half hours before my first class, i'm relatively intelligent. i can finish.......3 hours later, i call coach, we compare answers. he did not finish the test, but got answers from mom, who got answers from the cool kids, who's answers differed from mine.
#16, #3

as coach and i went through and compared answers i showed him where i found them in the book, verbatim, the answers that matched my test, not the cool kids' tests.
booyah! #12
insert cabbage patch dance here! #12
oh yeah, what else surfaced? issue #1: must never be wrong

0 people said stuff: