Wednesday, April 1

i'm a sellout


if you know me, you may have noticed that i have put on a few extra pounds. oh, and it isn't from being pregnant, it's more from a diet rich of MY OWN WORDS.


note to self, "never say never......"




never say, "i am NOT having any more kids."
never say, "i am NOT moving to the suburbs."
and whatever you do,

never say, "i am NOT moving back home"

well, while i had this dream of taking over and changing the inner-city, one kid at a time:
you know, i come in, the kids are tough, hard, jaded and complicated. but with my tough love and street smarts, i win them over and they all go on to be the next venus or serena williams.








i also had this dream:
you know, the dream of my kids going to one of those eclectically diverse and multiculturally rich schools in the middle of that big city, where they're exposed to sooooooo much richness, diversity and muliculture. (yes, i know i repeated, that's the point, they are exposed to a lot, but it ain't as pretty as that mural!)

after 10 years of still not looking like michelle pfieffer, much less reaching kids like she did, and after 10 years of FREAKING OUT about the sad situation our public schools are in, not just in bigD, but in the state of texas........i've sold out.

a) we are expecting our 3rd.

and

b) not only am i moving to the 'burbs, but i'm moving to the 'burbs of my hometown! argh! no, double argh!

i have decided that the safe, homogeneous bubble that i grew up in and wanted so desperately to get away from, is really not a bad place to raise a family. don't get me wrong, after 18 years have passed, when the last one has walked across that stage, my kids will be visiting me in one of those sweet high rise condos in the middle of this big ol' city, but for now.......looks like wisteria lane for me.

5 people said stuff:

Amy Magallanes said...

YAY! Can't wait to spend summers at your pool!!!!!

mom said...

They always come home.

Anonymous said...

Mon, Mac Davis was right, 'happiness is Lubbock Texas"

amy said...

Got your email...

I'm sad you're leaving, but hey...maybe I'll actually SEE you in Lubbock:)

I'm SUPER jealous of the grandparent situation...can't even imagine having family in the same town. You are going to live the DREAM!!

And...like you said...I shouldn't say never:) Hope the move, pregnancy, transition all go swimmingly!! -aa

anda said...

great advice...

i will go out on a limb and say that I personally, will never be moving to lubbock....but we'll visit....