Thursday, September 11

September 11, 2001


do you remember where you were? what you were doing?
where are you now?

4 people said stuff:

Ang said...

I was a Sophmore - LHS, baby!

I had just finished getting ready and was waiting for Mom to take me to school. I sat down in front of the tv and watched the second plane hit on the Today Show. In my first two classes we watched the news. The lights off, no one talked, just staring at the screen...very 1984-ish. I had a career fair to go to and I stood in front of the TVs along the concourse of the arena with everyone else. I was obsessed...

Today, I don't ever think about it. I'm not sure if thats a good or a bad thing. Should I still think about it especially on the anniversary so as not to forget or am I just not dwelling? I dunno.

You?

big D wilsons said...

me?
i was trying to find music on the radio to play for my 1st period class that day. I had no idea it happened until dave called me after the 2nd tower hit.
Unfortunately, teaching in an elementary school, we could not turn on radios, tv, anything.

as soon as i got home, i watched the news and watched it for several days. surreal.

the kicker was dave and i rented pearl harbor a couple of weeks later (clearly not thinking) and that is when the hugeness of 9-11 all hit.
the reactions of the people in the movie is what i imagine the folks in nyc were like.

today? i'm like you, i wish i thought about it more...for life impact, but sadly, i don't.

katy said...

that day was the inauguration of our current university president. students were stopped in the lobby of their dorms, huddled together watching the news.

the ceremony did still take place, my role in it being in the choir, but there was definitely a somber tone to it.

the impact hit me when a friend of mine didn't show up for the ceremony. i heard later that she had talked to her father, a pilot, who was scheduled to fly the plane that ended up crashing into the pentagon.

anda said...

i was teaching high school...
(homeroom, mixed age) and we set up a television and watched. and watched. until the parents started to come to get their kids. by around one there were maybe three students left, and most of the teachers were allowed to go home.

i, like everyone else, was consumed by the events.

did i commemerate? in a way. i didn't mention it to my second graders...but then, they weren't born then, either. i did listen to our librarian and a fifth grade class read and discuss books on the topic. the fifth graders didn't remember either.

amazing how quickly events become history, isn't it?