Wednesday, May 21

i need therapy

no really, i do.
apparently somewhere around 90% of people that pursue counseling as a profession do so because they seek answers to something within themselves.
interesting.
our professors strongly encourage (which we all know is code for mandatory) that those of us walking the counselor path need to do so with a partner. and we all know how good i am at being introspective, opening up myself to feelings and makeing myself vulnerable.
oh wait, there i go with the sarcasm and attempt at humor.
well, at least we know i'll ace defense mechanisms 101.

i guess they really want to make sure we aren't going to become the thelma to someone's louise.

so, that being said . . . .i'm off to google a therapist.

2 people said stuff:

JMartinez said...

i know several people who are or were in the counseling profession. they all say the same thing about this--you have to work through your own sh*t before you can work through others'.

anyway, i'm excited for you.

Ang said...

Dude, I probably need therapy too...but here's my problem: I'm too much in my head a la Claire Danes from "My So-Called Life" so I don't think it could work for me. So, I'll be Thelma and you can be Louise or maybe vice versa - whatever, I want to be the one who gets with Brad Pitt.

Anyway, congratulations on going to grad school! I'm so happy for you and very jealous! I think what you're doing is fantastic!