Monday, April 21

the red balloon



please tell me you remember this movie?!?!?
we used to watch it on one of those big reel to reel projectors.
it was about a boy and his red balloon, and there was no talking, but there was sound. you could hear street noise and his little feet on the cobblestone streets (obviously not an american movie). and the balloon was awesome!!! it wasn't on a string, so much as one of those waxy ropes. i know!
the story ends when some mean bullys throw rocks at it and then it deflates and gets all bumpy and plastic looking. . . . .
i'm not really sure what the point of the story was, or what we were suppose to learn from it, but it puts a warm fuzzy in my heart.
good times.

1 people said stuff:

svitela said...

I totally remember that movie. I'm ten years older than you and it was an old movie even in my day. What was the point? The point was a chance for the teacher to sit at her desk and catch up with paperwork.